Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer HTZ 121 DVD power board

my pioneer HTZ121 DVD has no power, when i open the DVD i found out that component U501 on power board blown but sad to say i can't find the IC part number because it already damaged. it an 8 pins "power IC" i presume. Need some HELP to identify the said IC Component. Thank you.

my pioneer HTZ121 DVD has no power, when i open the DVD i found out that component U501 on power board blown but sad to say i can't find the IC part number because it already damaged. it an 8 pins "power IC" i presume. Need some HELP to identify the said IC Component. Thank you.
I know it's a bit late hahaha but here is the Power IC's part number.

Ylde0A6.jpg

L8EShBk.jpg

Last edited:
It could help you, to help us, help you, if you sketched out as much of the power board circuit schematic as manageable, because there is a chance someone will recognize the topology of the circuit and what that DIP8 probably did, and potentially suggest a (maybe even drop-in) replacement.

Backing up a bit, your pictures are good quality and fair lighting but if you had a 90' angle, top-down, and bottom-up, picture of the PCB, that might help too, get rid of guesswork and speculation a bit.

Now having written this much, ignore what I wrote for a moment... how hard did you try to find this IC? I just google searched it and found some on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/i/184022094542

However, whether that IC is the primary fault or a cascade failure from something else, is up to you to determine, and maybe this is a junk part and there is still value in determining the schematic and function so a more quality part can be substituted? Maybe not, depending on age of DVD player and ease in swapping in same, and how valuable is a DVD player anyway in this day and age? I'd just rip all DVDs to digital files, personally... a lot more convenient to use that way, and for that you don't need that player working, just a DVD drive in a PC.

Last edited: