Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Philips dfr-9000 Blowing fuse

Hi im wondering if anyone can help me fix my philips amp. When i power it on it triggers the first 2 sets of relays then it blows the fuse, it only has one internal fuse (which i have tried to replace). Last time i was using it the sound went static for a second then it blew the upstairs fuse and the built in fuse. The amp isn't grounded internally which i find weird. i have looked through and removed all the boards on the amp to look for shorts or burn marks but can't find any.

Sorry if my english is crap, my main language isn't english

First thing i would look is the UCD Amplifier board. Under the heatsink there are some power transistors.
remove and check them. One or more could have gone short thus blowing your fuse.
Though the protection should kick in before it blows the fuse but...
Again thats just a guess.

P.S.
Here is the service manual for you to download.
http://www.hightehnologies.ru/radio/PHILIPS_DFR9000.pdf

hi do you think you can give me a item number on the board? electronics and such are really unknown for me

Last time i was using it the sound went static for a second then it blew the upstairs fuse and the built in fuse. The amp isn't grounded internally which i find weird.

Nothing weird, fuses blow due to excessive current, does not require it to be an earthed unit.

I'm guessing you replaced the amp fuse with something a "little bigger".

SIR Naitsirk . . . . .

Referring to the manual info just supplied to you, look at the pic on 4-1 below..
Take note of the large WHITE rectangular 1901 relay and also the WHITE HDPE
1001, two pin male connector over to its right.
Unplug that connection that comes to it, which goes to the main power supply.
Put yur thumb on top of the relay and power up to see if you "feel" and hear that
relay pull in and stay latched, until you then turn the unit off and expect it to release.

If this all happens . . . .prepare to move to the main power supply for its analysis.

STANDBY POWER SUPPLY . . . . .
upload_2018-5-7_4-20-48.png

73's de Edd