Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PCMCIA to CF cable with CF connector -where to buy?

Does anyone know of a Compact Flash card connector with a cable that goes into the male end of a PCMCIA connector?

I have a SCSI PCMCIA card reader (which accepts Compact Flash cards via a PCMCIA adapter) but want to mount the card-reader inside a different enclosure and extend the existing slot to a new front-panel mounted slot with a cable. I've found lots of CF-IDE adapters and such, but nothing so far which just extends the existing connection.
cf_ide.jpg
My card reader has an eject button, but as far as I can see from opening it up it's purely a mechanical thing, making it easier to eject the card. I believe it doesn't make any difference if I physically grab the card and just pull it out without using the eject button at all, so extending the connection with a cable and a new CF connector/slot should make no difference as far as I can tell.
IMG_3248.jpg IMG_3250.jpg

Something like this?

ADA-CompactFlash-EXTENDER_500x500_Kabelansicht_281_281_81.jpg

If so, Have a read here..http://en.esskabel.de/adapter/datasheet/ada-compactflash-extender-0430ffc/

Yeah, that should work!
Unfortunately I can't find any price or purchasing info. Following this I did some more searching for "CF extension cable" and found a similar solution from Sycard but it's discontinued, the website doesn't seem to have been updated since 2012 and their webstore doesn't work.

Yes, indeed a little pricey, but better than the manufacturer's answer saying they don't sell to individuals.
Not sure why you mention a 44 pin IDE connector -which one, where?

I've got an SCSI based card reader (pictured in my first post) which accepts CF cards via a PCMCIA adapter. I want to put the card reader PCB inside another enclosure for a project of mine and make it possible to insert/remove the card without first inserting it into the PCMCIA adapter.
I've been thinking... perhaps a quick and cheap way would simply be to cut off parts of the PCMCIA adapter's front, thereby exposing more of the CF card and have the adapter card behind the new front panel while the card can be removed out of just the adapter. Got to make some measurements first though.