Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pause mode for CTEK MXS Polar charger

Hello, I have this CTEK Polar charger

MXS%205.0%20POLAR_0.jpg

http://ctek.com/pt/en/chargers/MXS 5.0 POLAR

In mode 8, Float charge the charger charges at 13.6 volts and ~10ma current that is pulsed etc.
I want to be able to disconnect it from battery without it detecting it. I want to measure the battery without charger then connect it back at mode 8.

I tried to simulate load by using 220ohm 10W resistor, but it detected that it was disconnected.

Please help.

Sir smilem . . . . .

In not being able to get into that units mind, and considering that the batt is already charged and presently being in that float supply level.
Why not install a continously shunted in 1K resistor for being its simulated load while you then disconnect the battery to make a quick V/A test on it .
If that no workee, then shunt the resistor with a properly polarized 1000 or more ufd @ 25 VDC electrolytic and try, try again.

Thasssit . . . .

73's de Edd

So the 220ohm resistor was not enough? I need 1K resistor as load?
How do I connect the capacitor, to the resistor to simulate voltage flow from battery right?

Well i tried it and the resistor kills the cap so it is not needed. It is enough to connect 25v 2200uf cap. Then disconnect the battery and measure it etc. Afterwards connect the CTEK charger back still on mode 8 or mode 7 (green lights).

So I found how to solve this ! Thank you for idea about the cap.

This saves me hours of wasted time waiting for the smart charger to go trough all steps again. I think this would work on other smart chargers too.

Last edited: