Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic SC-PM91D - CD CHANGER MESSED GEARS

I have panasonic SC-PM91D, the 5 DVD CD Changer has messed up, therefore i cannot operate again, i need someone who can have this fix up for me or possible i will remove that unit only and ship for it to be repair or set, i will pay for the labour fee and the cost of shipment via DHL, i like the device and would not like to throw the system away,
Or if you have the loader some available and would like to trade of the loader, i will like to pay for it, so kindly let me know which option is available for transaction.

I just cant wait.
Remember even though it has been discountinued but i pray someone will have a complete CD LOADER TO trade or can be sure of repairing mine or has some there whose part can be removed to repair mine.

I cannot afford to ship the whole need if the need arise, but i can take out the loade and ship out for it to be fix

Hi forumoto,
Your post should have been in the 'For sale / wanted' section.
The members here don't do repairs like that.
You will be better off taking it to a local repair shop.

But being as you are here, those systems generally fall foul for two reasons.
1. The laser lens needs cleaning / replacement.
2. A mechanical fault in the mechanism.
If you want help to repair it, you will need to disassemble the unit and supply us with pictures and a lot more information.

Martin

Well buddy, i have tried myself with video being watched from columbia but yet still i could not do it right because i do not possess the rightful tools, in other to test gears after setting them up, need to use a special tool to turn all the gears... So i need someone with knowledge in this,

Why don't you make a video of it and post it on youtube with a link here of course.
It sounds like you have taken it apart and don't know the reassembly sequence.
Some of the gears have 'other tracks' on their faces to operate a differnt section of the player.
These all need to be aligned properly for timing purposes.
Have you found the repair manual for this unit? If not, you will need it.

Martin

Buddy, i am highly grateful for all your input, reading your respond sound to me that you can do this, please if that is the case i would like you to help me, i dont want to get trying. for as a result of this, the two ribbon cable that connect the unit, it end to end got damaged, so need to get a replacement, but trusting so much in a high tech person fixing the unit, he will have the right tool to test the alignment before fixing into the device.

Hi forumoto,
Nobody on this forum accepts payments for repairs.
We try our best to help others. With helping you, will some day help somebody else.
My response wasn't a knowing response.
It is a typical reply to a question like yours.

Now, if you start the conversation from the beginning, we can trry and help you too.
There are no specific tools needed for this kind of repair.(laser not incl) A small set of screwdrivers would be a start.
And search for the exploded diagram for your cd player.
You will be amazed at the amount of info Google has.

Martin

Hi forumoto,
Nobody on this forum accepts payments for repairs.
We try our best to help others. With helping you, will some day help somebody else.
My response wasn't a knowing response.
It is a typical reply to a question like yours.

Now, if you start the conversation from the beginning, we can trry and help you too.
There are no specific tools needed for this kind of repair.(laser not incl) A small set of screwdrivers would be a start.
And search for the exploded diagram for your cd player.
You will be amazed at the amount of info Google has.

Martin
The video i watch online, shows that after seeing it up, you need to use a little gear rotater, to check that all the trays will pull in and pull out, but i do not have the gear, to test and this has being my mess all this while, i can send you the url so that you see, i follow all point to point yet to now avail.

above video i follow and other videos yet the setting isnt going the way it should be, because if this, i want to let it to someone who have the tools to do the right thing rather than DIY method

Last edited:
I just watched the video. It should be very easy for you to follow.
It also said that the small gear is included in the case. But didn't say where.
You can still use a fine flat screwdriver carefully to rotate the gears. No special tools required.
Have patience and follow the video exactly.

Martin

i did follow the video, but still the trays cannot eject, when i on the radio it says INIT PLS WAIT, when i try to eject the tray it wont come out, if i were to have that small gear that can be use to test the tray movement after fixing it, like it will help but i do not...

Take a look at this video you will see that after setting them all up, he tested the trays by using a gear fix to screw driver and turn the trays all, i cannot do that, so after i thought i have set it i fix to the radio and it wont work

So because of this, i want to have the loader send to someone, so that that person may have the exact tool to test it

I have tried again, and now when i switch on the system, all the trays come out without pressing anything and then it will stuck at out, wont go back , if i off it, the trays will go back in and automically inject again.