Maker Pro
Maker Pro

non inverting amplifier

Hi all,

this is the basic concept..i have designed the circuit to amplify the 0.002v to 5 v..
according to the formula for non inverting amplifier the Rf and Rin values are 1.5M ohms
and 1K..to produce 5v as output..
i have simulated this circuit in Ltspice.
but i get the waveforms like this.what is the reason for this?
can u suggest me where i did the mistake?
thanks in advance

Attachments

• NON INV.png
    NON INV.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 148
  • NON INV1.png
    NON INV1.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 103

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Several thinks to consider now:

1) What is the gain of the circuit?
2) Are there any limitations on the output of the circuit?

thanks for ur reply
no limitations..just i want to design the non inverting amplifier with the gain of 2.5 with 2mV input
but i did nt get in simulation.
i want to know the reason..that s it
thanks in advance

Harald Kapp

How do you compute the gain for a non-inverting opamp configuration? Show us your calculation.
Certainly with the values you use you will not arrive at a gain of 2.5 but 1501.

Last edited:
How do you compute the gain for a non-inverting opamp configuration? Show us your calculation.
Certainly with the values you use you will not arrive at a gain of 2.5 but 1600.
sorry Harald kapp
it produces the correct output only
Vout=0.002*gain=0.002*(1+1.5*10^3)=3V.
thanks for ur replies

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
And here was me thinking you wanted a 5V output and a non-inverting amplifier and perhaps a gain of 2.5 (or some combination thereof). Sorry I must have mis-read the original question.

actually i need the 5v for 0.002v input
so i have to keep the gain as 2500
here i get the output in ltspice

Attachments

• n-i.png
    n-i.png
    341 KB · Views: 120
  • n-i1.png
    n-i1.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 95

Harald Kapp

You seem to work by trial and error. Which equations do you use? The standard equations for a non-inverting opamp will not give you 2.49Meg/1k for a gain of 2500.

Harald Kapp

Right, but not what I meant.
What I'd like to know how you calculate gain from the resistors or how you need to calculate the resistors. Provided that gain is given as 2500 and assuming R1=1k, which value for R2 will set the gain at 2500?

i have calculate the gain like this..(1+2.5meg/1k)
is this not a right method?i don t know..if its wrong kindly explain me the right way to choose the resistors.

Harald Kapp

i have calculate the gain like this..(1+2.5meg/1k)
This is correct, so why do you use 2.49MΩ instead of [Edit] 2.499MΩ in your simulation? No wonder gain is lower than expected.

Note that in a real circuit 2.5MΩ is unreasonably large for many (if not most) applications. Also a gain of 2500 will reduce the useable bandwidth of the opamp noticeably. In a real circuit it may be advantageous to split the gain using two separate gain stages (opamps) with a smaller gain for each gain such that gain1*gain2=gain_total=2500.

Last edited:
This is correct, so why do you use 2.49MΩ instead of [Edit] 2.499MΩ in your simulation? No wonder gain is lower than expected.

Note that in a real circuit 2.5MΩ is unreasonably large for many (if not most) applications. Also a gain of 2500 will reduce the useable bandwidth of the opamp noticeably. In a real circuit it may be advantageous to split the gain using two separate gain stages (opamps) with a smaller gain for each gain such that gain1*gain2=gain_total=2500.
thanks for ur explanation
this means
may split the gain of 2 stages like this
(i.e)gain1=50
gain2=50
so two stages 50*50=2500
is this right?

here have modified my circuit..please check this
and i know that GBWP=Av * f
this is theoretical explanation
practically how the gain affect the bandwidth of an opamp?
i have made the google search..let me know that there is any link to see this concept in CRO Display

Attachments

• 2 stage.png
    2 stage.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 2 stage-1.png
    2 stage-1.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: