Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New to DSC PC5015 - section 001-005?

Hi all,

As part of moving house I've inherited a DSC PC5015 alarm fitted by British Gas a few years ago.

It didn't really work, so I've been having a play with it. Luckily, managed to get hold of the installer code and a similar install manual (for a PC5020 with more recent software, which seems close enough for the basics). Now I have an alarm which works - result!

Taking things to the next level, I'd like to tidy-up what seems to be a questionable configuration. Also to change system behaviour.

The manual's been helpful.However, the general purpose of sections 001-005 is a bit ambiguous. So I'm hoping somebody can help.

In my alarm, these 4 sections each hold 8 numbers. So a total of 32 numbers, each of two digits.

My question is: how do these sections relate to individual zones?

So for example, are the sections logically divided up somehow (e.g. first fours numbers are for zone 1, next four for zone 2 etc). Or do all numbers in all sections apply equally to every zone?

Any guidance much appreciated.

James.

...and to answer my own question.

After a bit of playing about, it's a simple 1:1 mapping from entry in section 001 to zone.

So first entry in section [001] is first zone, second entry is second zone, etc.