Maker Pro
Maker Pro

network switch in networking ?

Hello
what is use of switch in computer networking. I think Ethernet cable is use to connect two PCs and network switch connect two or more PCs so that they can access each other.
network switch.jpg
I think PC0 and PC1 can not share file with other PCs because they are not connected with switch

davenn

Hello
what is use of switch in computer networking. I think Ethernet cable is use to connect two PCs and network switch connect two or more PCs so that they can access each other.
View attachment 32451
I think PC0 and PC1 can not share file with other PCs because they are not connected with switch

all that is true

I think you've answered your own question.
However, to add to your knowledgebase, the network cable between two PCs, is known as a a crossover cable!

all switches use normal cables. Crossover cables can not be used with an ethernet switch unless it has a cable selector switch.

Also i think crosstalk cables are also called null.

Actually, a cross over network cable is not a "null" per se, you are referring to a serial cable, the cross over has the TX+/- and RX+/- pairs crossed. Also, a switch will allow you to use cross overs if it supports Auto-MDIX (Automatic Medium Dependant Interface Crossover), most do these days, or most decent ones do I should say rather.

A single cable (cross over) between 2 stand alone PC's will create a point to point connection, a cable into a switch will create a multi-point connection.

I tend to think of 2 machines connected via cable, a direct connection, or point to point, a machine connected to a switch, which goes on to a gateway and / or many other machines is a "network".