Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Premier Massage Chair Wall plug. Help!

I'm a baby, a neophyte at all this stuff. I have a php 2026/2027 massage chair. It seems the power cord with the adapter on it that plugs into the outlet got separated from the cord that goes into the chair. Probably in a fit of overzealous house cleaning, it got sent to Goodwill. The company is out of business and I can't find a replacement for love or money. It's a weird adapter, with the chair cord having 3 female plug-ins and the wall adapter having 3 recessed male prongs to fit the chair cord. I have searched all over the Internet and can't find an adapter even remotely close. Is there some secret supply store that carries them? I'll gladly take used. HELP! Good, kind electronics understanding people. Please help me.

Mme Camilla1 . . . . .

All right . . .lets go for an exploratory ride . . . . put your foot in a stirrup and boost yourself on up behind me and HOLD on tight, don't want you falling off on me.
Refer to the 2 photos placed just below . . . . ..
FROM SERVICE MANUAL

upload_2019-11-8_22-22-12.png

upload_2019-11-8_22-28-35.png

Now look a the top and observe that number and chair view is being your unit that you gave us . . . .AGREED ?

Then drop on down to photo 2 and there all circled,for you, should be the MAIN AC power cord that is used on that unit.
And I see THAT as being the industrial IEC cord connector that has been used on full sized tower computers since the '80's.
Also some power audio PA amplifers, guitar amplifiers televisions used the same cord . . . acutually an arrray of different
" High End " and professional electrical / electronic equipment used / uses that SAME connector. EASY to find.

NOW with your description of that "OCTOPUS" complexity of a connector, that, I might only VAGUELY visualize.
You now get to refer to the same photo, where at its bottom left corner the RED arrow designates the main power switch, and a recessed AC fuse receptacle , just to its right and the area just to the right might ? be where that female power cord plugs into its mating male connector plug. Only the very distinctive cut out profile gives me that hint.

Pulling out my 24 inch crystal ball now with a Windex cleanup and having all ready to peer into.

I then am initially seeing that next large block to the right with its long groove, top center to let a screwdriver reach thru to loosen the blocks captive screw at the end . . . . .there might also be one on the very bottom of the block ?
I see four heavy cables to the left of the block that are all lashed down with spaced out cable ties.
Two cables to the right of the block receive one visible cable tie.
With this only being a drawing I am unable to ascertain how many cables might actually enter into that block, with there even being the possibility that two of the cables just pass UNDER the block and exit over to the right, as those two being seen..
That blocks very front end portion could contain two ( or more ) IEC type plug in AC connectors to carry switched power to motors placed in other areas..

So o o o o o o o if this unit was inoperative and your in house . . . . .Johnny Fixerfaster . . . . . Do-it-Yourselfer Extraordinaire ? had torn down that area, he could come up with that loose OCTOPUS of a cable assembly, to later abandon as a result of an unachievable / unsuccessful chair repair.

Now . . . . what say ye ? . . . . . . . ( BUT I really-really-really think that I got you waaaaay back at it being the IEC type of A.C. connector )

73's de Edd . . . . .

If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect . . . . . why practice ?

Last edited: