Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help reading a rectifier diode.

Hello!

So I am a total noob and just got into electronics as a hobby and want to build my own DC power supply. And one of the modules I need is a rectifier bridge (right?). I am also tearing an old stereo apart to get a tranformer and to get a hang of how components look and how to use the iron and so on. But there is some rectifier diodes (right?) mounted on one of the PCBs with nothing but "2C" written on them.

Am I right in assuming that means it can handle up to 2 amperes ? I really hope it does haha :p

Also hope you can help.

Maxim

EDIT: Yes, have been googling for quite some time, but haven't found anything conclusive. I have the feeling I don't know what to google for.

Last edited:
Sir anistorian . . . .

Your probable only hope is to know / find and give us the brand and model of stereo . . . for parts researching to its probable "D" numbers that are related to the diode parts in question.
Probably those are being equivalent "generic" 1N4001-----7 diodes at a 1 amp rating.

The heavier diodes you would find are usually incorporated into a cased unit with 4 diodes utilized therein as a full wave bridge rectifier unit

73's de Edd

Last edited:
If possible, get a schematic of the amplifier and a hack saw, then you can chop out the parts you require in one block.
My time with building anything is often mostly spent on the box and the mains feed. Make sure the finished PSU is safe.

Thank you for the quick replies!

I can't remember the brand and model :/ but the user manual is somewhere at my parents house, so it should be manageable to get. So I will try to see if I can find any schematics as well and get it sorted out. Thank you for your input :D

And yes I will be careful, I don't want to get zapped or die. So I take my precautions :)

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
And yes I will be careful, I don't want to get zapped or die. So I take my precautions :)
Never depend on electrical insulation to protect you. When working on "live" circuits with "dangerous" voltages, keep one hand in your pocket at all times to prevent electrical conduction (shocks) across the chest (and through the heart) between the left arm and the right arm.

It is also prudent, but not always possible, to have someone nearby that you have instructed on how to remove power and/or separate you from a live circuit by use of a dry broom-stick or a 2x4 length of dry pine, both of which you should keep handy.

Most of all, have fun... and welcome to Electronics Point!