Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help in which is correct way to connect load to controller outputs

Hi,

I have some PWM outputs and LSD (low side output) on the controller. So If I am driving Solenoid Valve through PWM output.

My question is, which way is best to connect SV ground line either to connect outside ground or return it to controller LSD output (so controlling both PWM output and LSD from the controller).

Which way is best? Can you please explain the advantages and disadvantages of retuning load ground to the controller and not?

Thanks in advance.

Fish4Fun

So long, and Thanks for all the Fish!
chinna723 ...

You are going to need to give a bit more information before anyone will be able to help you. I would suggest you provide links to both the "controller" and the "Solenoid Valve" and then give some context to where "LSD" and "SV Ground" are mentioned ....

The terms "LSD" & "SV ground" are not familiar to me, perhaps they are labels on the controller? The Solenoid Valve? In some form of documentation? ... Honestly I would have guessed that "LSD" stood for "Low Side Drain" rather than "Low Side Output" ... "Drain" being one terminal of a mosfet ... (the other two being Source & Gate).

Typical "Solenoid Valves" used in sprinkler systems are binary devices and typically wouldn't use PWM ... Valves controlled with servos or stepper motors on-the-other-hand are frequently equipped with feed back sensors to measure valve position AND/OR Flow rate. Some types of servos use PWM to adjust valve position ... others use sensors or encoders to provide feed back ... I suppose it is even possible that PWM could be used as feed back to indicate flow or valve position.

Anyway, provide a bit more information and perhaps someone can help you.

Hope it Helps!

FIsh

chinna723 ...

... Valves controlled with servos or stepper motors on-the-other-hand are frequently equipped with feed back sensors to measure valve position AND/OR Flow rate. Some types of servos use PWM to adjust valve position ... others use sensors or encoders to provide feed back ... I suppose it is even possible that PWM could be used as feed back to indicate flow or valve position.
FIsh

There are hydraulic servo valves that use a analogue amplifier and feedback to control flow using the .position of the valve armature.
Very prevalent in such as tube benders etc,