Maker Pro
Maker Pro

need help car radio electronics with ac controls

Does anyone know how the car radio interacts with the ac? In order to replace my radio i need a kit that comes with new ac controls. Im wondering / very motivated to figure out a way to take the radio out and keep whatever part in the radio i need to keep it working.

Its a infiniti g35 with a bose system. Is there a circut board i can keep amd rewire to work?

Does anyone know how the car radio interacts with the ac? In order to replace my radio i need a kit that comes with new ac controls. Im wondering / very motivated to figure out a way to take the radio out and keep whatever part in the radio i need to keep it working.

Its a infiniti g35 with a bose system. Is there a circut board i can keep amd rewire to work?
Usually not... but I can't say for certain with that model of car.
the stereo unit in most new cars is integrated into the dash in such a way that is occasionally controls other services in the car.
Your best bet is to get a service manual for the car and find the wire diagram associated with the stereo to find out what it ties into. You may get lucky.

*A couple years back, someone told me that an expensive converter box was required to replace a stereo in a newer Cavalier... apparently without this converter box, the airbags won't operate properly. Did my own fact checking (because who would ever tie an emergency service into a piece of entertainment hardware that it often targeted for theft?) Turns out that newer cars no longer simply pass 12V DC to the component to turn it on, they are tied into an on-board computer on a low-priority CAN bus. This 'converter box' was simply a relay that listened for the CAN bus to say 'Stereo On' and it would flick a relay xD

tl;dr . Do some of your own research and try to find documentation. We can always help with the documents but unless we own the same make/model and have proof for your answer, you would be better off taking it at face value.