Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motor as Generator + Bridge Rectifier issues!

Ok, you can find a better motor if you hunt round for one, the objective is what do you want to power, will what you want to power be suitable for direct connection to your generator, has it got enough power current and a high enough voltage, or you can opt for your generator to charge some storage battery's

As most of the motors are reclaimed a lot is going to be going on a hunch, i mean what the motor came out of will give you clues as to its original use, did it power a hard load was its job to power something needing plenty of torque.

Where your motor comes from plus your intended out come will need to be considered so its efficient in its operation of producing power, the video shows an i phone being charged, is that what you want to do ? or did you have a bigger more power needed project in mind ?. :)

Ok, you can find a better motor if you hunt round for one, the objective is what do you want to power, will what you want to power be suitable for direct connection to your generator, has it got enough power current and a high enough voltage, or you can opt for your generator to charge some storage battery's

As most of the motors are reclaimed a lot is going to be going on a hunch, i mean what the motor came out of will give you clues as to its original use, did it power a hard load was its job to power something needing plenty of torque.

Where your motor comes from plus your intended out come will need to be considered so its efficient in its operation of producing power, the video shows an i phone being charged, is that what you want to do ? or did you have a bigger more power needed project in mind ?. :)

That is pretty much what I want to do!
I asked about the stepper motor's damn they are really really expensive here...
So I guess I need to fix my bridge rectifier and see whats going to happen I'll use a 9volt DC battery until i find the solution for it.
I'm also trying to find a good motor but its really hard to find this in my country people barley even build rare things like that here....

Thanks

The problem is probably not the rectifier itself, but how you're connecting it to the motor. You haven't given us enough information to guide you about that however.
Also, most brushless motors are three phases, and steppers may be four phases, so you'll probably need additional diode pairs.

Last edited: