Maker Pro

Mood Light Project

Shay submitted a new Showcase Item:

Mood Light Project

Dear All,

This is my first Light project, I am trying to provide as much information as I can.

The Final concept Idea ( CAD ):

B%20(1).jpg

Basically the LEDs must be located behind each wall, on the cylinder, so the LEDs are not visible, and the sun like object, is just a plastic bit coloured in orange and LEDs are inside it. They can work by getting power from a rechargeable battery which could be connected to a USB source, PC or socket.

Prototype:

B%20(3).jpg

The plan and what to do concept ( LEDs connected to battery and the charging slot, any idea or comments highly appreciated) :

Untitled_2.png

I would really appreciate if you help me to understand if I am on the right track. for example a remote on/off switch.

Thanks!

Read more about this showcase item here...

There's no information here regarding purpose or function. The title is vaguely suggestive of a device that senses something from a human and maps it into an LED-based lighting display.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Regarding your component links to eBay pages... not everyone who visits eBay wants, or should even need, to sign in just to view a page there.

Regarding your image with the six blue LEDs, the battery, and the charger... if you actually read the resource here on LEDs, you would realize that you NEVER want to wire LEDs in parallel:

ledpar-gif.12787

Each LED needs to have its own series-connected current-limiting resistor:

parallel_leds2-jpg.12790

So sorry I did not mean to attach links, I just copy/paste the names here.

Regarding the diagram, I just removed that because I bought other parts, and got one 5W ceramic resistance as an experiment for now. surly will use 1 per each after the experiment.

Best regards
Shay