Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Mobile phone detector doesn't work properly

Hi

I need help about a simple electronic circuit - mobile phone detector.
I made this project on breadboard:
http://www.simple-electronics.com/search/label/555 IC CIRCUITS

The buzzer and LED should activate when a signal from mobile phone comes to antenna, but as soon as I connect circuit to battery, buzzer and LED start working. (when there is no signal). I made this circuit according to schematics on the webpage stated above.
I checked everything and couldn't recognize why it doesn't work properly.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me!

Thank you!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Show us a picture of your construction. It is quite likely you have made a wiring error (it's the most likely thing and everyone at all levels of skill do it, so we're not picking on you)

Mobile Phone

Off the subject slightly. Do any of you think the emfs from our cell phone is harming us. Dr Black (famous brain dr.) waffles on this question.

How many people have been using cell-phones for how many years? And yet we have seen no increase in the occurrence of the brain cancers that some people insist they are causing. Draw your own conclusions.

Bob

Only time will tell.
Who's at risk for what cancers, how many years might it take, all unknowns.
I don't know how many studies were ever done with low level radiation over long periods
of time.
This will be a good study, because the years are adding up.
BobK has a good point, but with so much money involved in this business, the profits
to be made, I don't expect anybody to say cell phones might be bad, anytime soon.

Studies have been done, they have shown no increase in brain cancers.

People think all radiation is the same. It is not. UV-radidation, X-rays and Gamma-rays cause cancer. Microwave do not, cannot, because they cannot deliver enough energy to break a chemical bond. Sunlight is FAR more dangerous than the microwaves coming from a cell phone.

Bob

davenn

Hi

I need help about a simple electronic circuit - mobile phone detector.
I made this project on breadboard:
http://www.simple-electronics.com/search/label/555 IC CIRCUITS

The buzzer and LED should activate when a signal from mobile phone comes to antenna, but as soon as I connect circuit to battery, buzzer and LED start working. (when there is no signal). I made this circuit according to schematics on the webpage stated above.
I checked everything and couldn't recognize why it doesn't work properly.

I would appreciate if somebody could help me!

Thank you!

Because there are no tuned circuits in this unit, its unlikely that it will respond to purely cellphone transmissions. Its probably going to react to a broad range EM fields. All of which would have to be relatively close to the unit.

cheers
Dave