Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Micky taking ebay sales?

I've just had a bit of a shock at seeing a 709 op amp from the 1960's on offer for £18.99. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252731626657
Surely this is a p**s take and someone just chancing their arm? Does anybody here think it will sell?
I also came across clearly very old CV7049 / OA10 germanium diodes at £6.49 each. Nice germanium diodes for crystal radios and I believe some guitarists like them for fuzz boxes but really -- 6 quid?

It has clearly been taken (de-soldered) from a PCB and suffered physical damage in the process. I expect it has been "Rescued" by some loony in China.
I would be very surprised if it worked. Not only that but who would want to use a 709 anyway.

I wonder how many people here have actually used a 709. I did my apprenticeship at RRE Malvern back in the 60's and I was given some 709 , 702 and others to play with. At the end of my apprenticeship I had not been paying much attention to my classwork or doing what I was supposed to be doing but had built up an excellent knowledge on using op-amps. Common place nowadays, but exotic stuff then, and it enabled me to walk straight into several jobs in the early 70's. I could talk the talk although I hadn't impressed my apprentice supervisors that much.