Maker Pro
Maker Pro

MEDTRONIC 5330 Pulse Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I'm fresh to the game... I have a Medtronic 5330 AV Sequential Demand Pulse Generator and I wanted to see what it's output was like, would I be able to just hook it up to an oscilloscope?

Cheers!

It has a pulse output up to 180V so with the appropriate 'scope (having an input voltage capability to meet the demand) of course you can 'look' at the signal.

davenn

A concerned member PM'ed me with these comments
( I was unaware of what this unit was for)

You guys do a great job moderating and looking out for posters' safety, so I thought I might point out:
The Medtronic 5330 is an external cardiac pacing device. I'm a former Biomed tech and have worked with them many times.
Except for just curious, cautious evaluation, no lay persons should really be playing with these.
If ever attempted to connect to him/herself or anyone else, the device WILL pace the heart, and can easily cause harm or death, simply due to settings on the front panel.
I would personally advise closing that thread with a warning to the experimenter.
It is not any more lethal than typical 120VAC, so you decide how concerned to get.

so on that note, I think it would be wise to close the thread to avoid encouraging the OP to make use of this unit
As that encouragement may lead to the OP killing himself or some one else

thread closed

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.