Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Maytag Neptune PCB R18 value

A friend in Mexico has a couple of burnt resistors on the PCB of his Maytag Neptune MAH3000AWW washing machine. They are R18 and R19, and they're burnt to the extent that they can't be identified. I got a value for R19 of 22K ohm from this forum, but I still need R18. If anybody might have this information, I'd sure appreciate it.
File%20Nov%2006%2C%2010%2005%2052%20PM.jpeg

Sir Galen . . . . . . . .

Applying a little NASA procedural, using spot averaged digital enhancement and a bit of pixel dithering and we come up with:

gugw45Z.jpg

Now, of that cluster of interest . . . . of four . . . R11- R 12- R13- R18, we see them also being 22K @ 5%'s also.
For one of them to fry to your referenced extent, must have been the full fury and WHACK of one or both of those 470 ufd @ 200VDC adjunct
filter capacitors, or they possibly are being wired as voltage doublers.
SINCE with only a 200VDC supply, that value of resistor would only be subjected to 1.8 watt overloading, step up to an ~ 400 V supply and
at 3.6 watts , that degree of overloading, is a completely different story.

But he DOES KNOW, that he will ALSO be tracking down the SS device(s) downstream that is /are completely crashed . . .right ?

Thassit . . . .

73's de Edd

Thanks a bunch. And to you questions - he and I both both did not know that some solid state stuff would also be wiped out... but now we do!