Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Magnetek 6415 connections

Hi,
I just bought a pop up camper with a Magnetek 6415 system.
Looking at how the system is set up, look like someone didn't know what he was doing... but maybe it's me that doesn't get it. I don't want to break something so here the topo:

There are 4 wires that get out of the system and a sticker that says there purpose:
2x blue "12vdc output of converter"
1x red "12vdc positif from rv battery"
1x white "12vdc negatif"

So from what i understand, the RED should go into the + battery.
BUT, it's not the case. Instead, it goes into the 15A fuse of the converter...

The + battery is connected to one of the blue wire (with another bunch of wire).

Should i just put the RED on the +battery and the one that is actually on the RED an a BLUE wire?

Also, when i connect a standard AC on the camper, the Magnetek as a little "hum" noise... should that ring a bell?

Have to say that the way it's connect, it seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help!

Although they say the wires go to +battery the PROPER way to do this is via a fuse - as it appears to be wired.

The same applies for the input as it does for the output - fuses all the way.......

Have to say that the way it's connect, it seems to work fine.

Ever heard of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it' !!!! :D

Although they say the wires go to +battery the PROPER way to do this is via a fuse - as it appears to be wired.

The same applies for the input as it does for the output - fuses all the way.......

Ever heard of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it' !!!! :D

You're right on everything ;)
The humming noise worried me; that's why even if it's not broken, i'm looking for "troubles"

For the wiring, i probably didn't express myself well enough.

The battery wire is not going to the fuse box (btw it's the fuse box for the break lights, the converter etc, not for the vr accessories);
it's plug directly on the "blue" wire (instead of the red)
AND there is a few others wires going in the vr plug with the same blue wire (breakers are on the converter for those)

Then, you have the RED wire that should go to the battery (and a fuse in between that's not there yet) but it's going to the converter fuse instead...

So to resume:
shoud i inverse the blue wire and the red so the converter fuse is plug with the blue wire and the battery with the red one (and a fuse, yes ;)

Does that make more sens ?
Thanks!

The way i see it, it's plug in a way that the battery bypass the converter; it's on the positif output of the converter with all the 12 vdc accessories.

And the red wire is a battery output to the converter that in my understanding, should bring the 12vdc from the battery to the accessories... but it's going to the fuse named "converter" instead.
The red is an input!! Would the hum noise possibily be coming from this input plug in fuse as it was an output?

The seller told me he disconnect the battery when he plug the tail from the truck or the AC plug... maybe that's why?

The way it,s plug, i think a can undrestand why everything seems to work.

Does anyone can help me on this?

Thanks again