Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LVDT Signal Conditioning Circuit

Hi there,

I've been working on a signal conditioning circuit for a Linear variable differential transformer (LVDT) and I've created a circuit to help simulate it. To design it I have used Proteus software as at the time it's was only software available to me that has all the components i required, however my knowledge of it isn't the best.

When i run the circuit I get no errors but there is no output on the oscilloscope. I don't know if I have connected it wrong or i'm missing something in the circuit.

There is an image of the circuit attached.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sarah

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4,590
The circuit is too complicated for me. 17 voltage regulators seems to be 15 too many.
I thought that the LVDT circuits used an AC drive and a synchronous detector.
Could you describe what it is intended to do?

Is the output of U3 shorted to earth?

Yes it is a complicated circuit but I don't know any other way of doing it.

The op-amps that are in place act as a synchronous demodulator. Yes, it should be AC supplys where i have put the voltages. A very stupid mistake on my part.

U3 isn't shorted to earth or atleast it shouldn't be. Why is that?

Thank you for your reply,

Sarah

U3 output is shorted to earth, pin 3 has a staight wire finishing in a connection to earth. I have no idea why this is!

Please give a description of the theory behind the circuit.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Also, you are using positive voltage regulators for your -ve rail.

It might be useful for you to tell us what your power supply is, and what voltage rails are required for your ICs.

Typically you might have a single +ve regulator and a single -ve regulator and each IC is powered from the same rails.

Your lack of experience in this area doesn't inspire me with confidence about the rest of your circuit (which I have not looked at).