Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Low oil warning /cut-out on portable gasoline generator

Ive read a post about a generator starting and cutting out after a while of running
It refers to a signal conditioner box on the side of the engine, I understand ftom that that the sensing is probably too sensitive in this application..ie that the low oil signal is received when oil is splashed onto the interieur if the crank case hence lewering the oil level enough for the signal conditioner box to receive a low oil warning and latch hence cutting out the ignition system
My question would be how to overcome thus problem without losing the low oil protection system
Is it as simple ad "overfilling" the crankcase and make up for the oil level dropping to below the low oil warning level after starting?
I know to dusconnect the sensor solve the problem but I guess that will come back to bore when the oil level drop too low and there is not low oil cut out feature?

If you over fill the crankcase the oil will blow out.
I had what I thought was a defective sensor on a Kohler, replaced it and the new sensor failed so I disconnected it and now just check the oil level myself.
I've never had to add oil.

If you over fill the crankcase the oil will blow out.
I had what I thought was a defective sensor on a Kohler, replaced it and the new sensor failed so I disconnected it and now just check the oil level myself.
I've never had to add oil.
Thanks yes thàts what I was thinking too, but would like to have the feature in the event of too low oil snd losing the engine
This is the second of these generators that Ive had, when I had this problem i checked the previous one which I still have
Its sensor is dusconnected and wires neatly tucked away...its been running like this for almost ten years and I never had to top up oil in ten years! i it bugs me to see thìs seemingly bypassed feature...probably done by the manufacturer

It seems to be a common problem.
Some switches are float type and others are pressure sensitive.
I trust the dip stick.

Andre,
"... its been running like this for almost ten years and I never had to top up oil in ten years!"
I hope that means that you haven't had to do top ups between the regular oil changes?