Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for a partner to help develop concepts.

Hello guys,

I've recently been looking into various designs concepts, such as wearable devices, mobile technology, and touchscreen desks. I continued to develop the desk and wearable device, and i'm quite simply looking for somebody to help me develop one of the concepts to a prototype over the course of the summer period. If the prototypes work then there no reason we couldn't make a business opportunity out of this.

However here is a bit about me:

I'm called Tom - And i'm a self taught industrial designer. I'm currently involved in two separate ventures/companies. One a company that sells phone cases on line and designs cases for companies; and two a company that is currently through the process of startup and hopes to receive £500,000 in funding within the next few weeks.

I'm from the south west of England, so location will need to be taken into consideration when looking for a partner :)

What I'm looking for:

The problem is I know nothing about electronics; in my defense I wanted to take electronics at school, but they didn't have enough teachers haha. Therefore i'm looking for somebody who understands electronics and hardware engineering, to assist me in the creation of the prototype(s). There will be times when we will need to work on it in person of course so being at least within a train journey of Bristol would be helpful. I wont be paying for work, just a bit of fun to see if we can make it, and if its successful we can develop into a business product, i dunno what the future holds! If we do however make a successful prototype credit will be split of course.

Sorry to admins if this felt like a job advert, but im not paying anyone and im looking for help :)

If you got any question please email or skype me:

Email: [email protected]

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
Welcome to the forum and please be prepared for a verbal assault.

Chris.

davenn

Hi Brekon
welcome to the forums

The problem is I know nothing about electronics; in my defense I wanted to take electronics at school, but they didn't have enough teachers haha. Therefore i'm looking for somebody who understands electronics and hardware engineering, to assist me in the creation of the prototype(s).

we constantly see these requests and as CDRIVE said all sorts of comments follow...

none of you guys that post these sort of requests never seem to understand how things work in the real world
You know nothing about electronics as you say .... so that means the other person will be doing all the developing and prototyping but not getting paid for time spent

do you see a big problem there ?

people's time is valuable and they are not going to waste time doing something for nothing for someone elses benefit ( like yours) and not get paid for it. They are going to spend time dowing work they they DO get paid for :)

Sorry buddy, I wish you luck with your endevours, but your request is going to fall on deaf ears for pretty much everyone anywhere

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
On the other hand...

If you want to describe your idea, we can give you an idea of how feasible it is, and might even help you with the design work.

We'll do that free. But we'll do it in public view.

edit: the next thing you're going to say is how revolutionary and secret it is. Hint: It's probably neither.