Maker Pro
Maker Pro

lockable knobs

Being a clumsy guitarist (fumblefingers is my nickname!) I get a bit annoyed having to set up my amplifier anew every time I move it into and out of the car. I'd like some knobs that actually lock in place and have to be pulled out slightly before readjusting a setting. I know these things do exist, I had a set many years ago on an amp, and they were beautiful. Anyone know where I can purchase some now, Preferably New Zealand or Australia but anywhere else in the world would do.

Regards

Deigh Davies:D:confused:

davenn

No, nothing like that at all! Thanks for try though.

Knobs were silver and just looked like any others except that to use them you had to pull them out a click, then they turned the shaft. Release them and they clicked back into place and would not turn. This solved all the problems of accidental readjustment when travelling.
:cool:

that may more likely be the type of pot with a special shaft, that a standard knob
was connected to ??

Dave

you could probably make your own if you have the time.
use a couple of gears from rc cars etc put one on the end of the knoband then make a second knob just beside it put a new cover on the device and voila. or simply putting a piece of perspex over the knobs so nothing interferes with them is another solution.
knobs.png

that may more likely be the type of pot with a special shaft, that a standard knob
was connected to ??

Dave

Don't think so, the shafts were normal and the knob mechanism locked on to them in the same way that the normal knobs do.

Might end up having to make them myself but my workshop facilities are pretty poor at the moment.

you can do it with a drill and glue ( I would go heat gun though) and a saw if you use my approach.
we did this to my brothers amp when our nephew started crawling, something bout kids finding the ONLY thing that they can reach and playing with it. it worked for a good few years until the speaker blew... thats a whole other story.
but once again the simplest approach would be perspex over the panel.
anyway after a bit of google-ing I found some stuff pre made and more expensive
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70206951
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70126084
these might help but you did want pull not push or twist so its a start andas you can see its the knobs not the actual pots that differ

Last edited:
t once again the simplest approach would be perspex over the panel.

Thanks for those leads. The second one would be ideal till I looked at the price! $16 US would be about $20 NZ and I would want eight of them. WOW! :eek: Think I will temporarily drop back to your sheet of perspex idea and just keep it simple!

Regards
Deigh