Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LI-ION 18v Battery Pack

My last statement means:
Run wire to the tool via a battery. AKA umbilical cord.
This actually dates back to the 80s when Kyosho launched electric RC helicopters.

Martin

Genuine SAMSUNG 30Q 18650 3000mAh 15A INR IMR Rechargeable Cells Battery
I added the battery but when i tried to charge it the imax charge came up with " Connection Break" so I decided to change the BMS board thinking it may be that I had bought a new BMS

Did you mean to write "it may be that I bought a BAD BMS" ? It might help if you link to that BMS board.

...but cannot figure out where the wires go looking at the picture there is no wiring diagram big enough for my eyesight. there are B+ B- P+P- I would think the B is battery what is P I have abandoned it for the time being until I can sort it out. Any help would be appreciated can I do away with the BMS board.

I'd assume P+/- is power input, but it should have contacts to go between the series of cells to sense individual cell voltage, otherwise you could discharge a weak individual cell too low, which is even more of a reason why you can't do away with the BMS board. Without a BMS board, an old NiCd based tool will definitely run the battery pack down to a damaging voltage if you let it. Some new Li-Ion based tools would even do that, if they depend on the battery pack BMS as the sole source for discharge termination.

I'm not quite convinced that you have counterfeit cells. Of course it's possible but the prices don't seem out of range for major brand cells and the seller has a few thousand sales with pretty good user feedback, while so many users of the individual 18650 cells now have chargers that can tell them if the capacity is right. You might also web search for the correct weight of your cells as the counterfeits often get the weight wrong, even if they fill them with sand or a slug to try to increase the weight, but it still ends up not very close to the genuine OEM cell weight.

Frankly it all seems like a big headache to me, to convert an old NiCd tool to Li-Ion. I mean that it isn't hard to find improved newer generation tools with good battery pack and charger integration where you can focus on the work you're doing instead of keeping the tool doing it, running.

My last statement means:
Run wire to the tool via a battery. AKA umbilical cord.
This actually dates back to the 80s when Kyosho launched electric RC helicopters.

Martin
Oh I see now, I have done that with a hedge trimmer and wheels the battery round in a barrow Thanks Martin.

I'd have to see this to believe it.
Then again I have a neighbout who mows the lawn at night with a 4 foot fluro and extension lead cable tied to the handle bars.

If you already have the wheel barrow as a carry device for your power source, perhaps wack a generator in there for almost unlimited supply.
dc power supply and you're away.

Thank you Bluejets.
Sorry I failed to answer your query on 18650 batteries I decided when the saw with the nicad battery was forever wanting a charge I decided to try and upgrade it to Li-ion ' However I think I have failed and will probably buy a new saw because I am not having any luck with getting the Li-Ion battery to charge I have tried 3 BMS Boards and checked the wiring on numerous occasions but every time I connect to the Imax charger (genuine) I get a reading screen error ( CONNECTION BREAK) I also checked it with another charger but get the same result. Can anybody know why and how this is happening.

I have a car that keeps stopping, so can you tell me what's wrong..??
Show some details otherwise it is just an educated guess but we don't live that long to list the possibilities.