Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Leslie speaker switch

I purchased a Leslie organ speaker that had the amp removed and had been converted to play a guitar (or an organ with an internal amp and 1/4" plug) through. It had this Johnson Controls switching system installed to change between the fast and slow speed rotary motors.
It must be fairly old as I couldn't find anything like it while researching online. It has a transformer, a relay and a fuse.

I removed it and restored the Leslie to its original state with the correct amp and speed changing system reinstalled.

I recently purchased another Leslie with a non-working amp and decided to install the home made switch that I had removed from the other one. Unfortunately I did not pay any attention to how it was wired when I removed it as I never expected to use it again. With virtually no electronics experience I cannot figure out how to wire it to switch between the fast and slow motors.

I need someone to explain how to properly wire it to operate as it did when I purchased the first Leslie. The orange cable is the 110 volt power supply, the black cable is the low voltage footswitch. It switches the 110 volts to either the fast or slow motors.

Thanks.

Last edited: