Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED strobe with minimal tailing

[Edit by moderator: removed underline]
Hello fellow electronic geeks: ). I am attempting to design an LED stroke circuit with minimal tailing effect. I have tried basic 555 circuits but still cannot get the shut off clean enough for a true "stop" effect without pulling the observed image. I'm hoping someone has a relatively simple circuit diagram that can help achieve minimal tailing. Thank you for any assistance. I am a graduate of Devry's Electronic Technologist program.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

Welcome to electronicspoint, Karl.

A 555 should be fne. Just ensure that the ON-time of the LEd is very short compared to the OFF-time. Show us your circuit diagram, please, for more comments

I will get it to you tonight when I get home. The problem I was having didn't have so much to do with dwell as to when it turned. It seemed to tail, to turn off now as sharply as I needed. I tried the extreme on my caps but could not get there.

The turn off should be very sharp, unless you have used a capacitor on the output. The fall time for the output pin is typical 100ns. max 300ns, which I doubt you can see.

Please show us the circuit.

Bob

Do you mean strobe? If you do then I would use a 555 astable ( already suggested ). If you really mean 'stroke' then ignore me because I've never heard of a LED stroke, haha :)