Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Led power indicator help

I made a lag switch with a push on/off switch. The only issue is I'm not entirly sure when it's on and when it's off. To fix this, I wanted to add an led to let me know when the switch is set to on. What would be the best way to do this and what would be the best power supply? I was thinking of just hooking an led and batery (maybe a AAA) in series to the switch, and add a ressistor if needed, but I was thinking that might mess up my Internet connection in some way since one of wires of the Ethernet cables would be on the same switch, any solutions?

P.s. Kinda a noob with electronics, so add as much detail as possible (like what kind of ressistor, if any, I need for the power supply you sugest)

I don't know what a lag switch is. I don't know what voltage you're operating at, or what power you might have available through your push switch.
If I was you, I'd take out your push-button switch, get yourself a simple on/off toggle switch, and then you can look at it, and know if the switch is on (toggled) or off (toggled).
It sounds like you're really overcomplicating what should be a simple problem.

It's a switch that cuts off your outgoing signal off via an Ethernet cable (Cat5/Cat5e). Not really sure how much voltage it is though. The only thing Is I want to be able to easily opertate the switch with my foot, and this was the best switch I could find for my specific need. I was hoping there was a simple way to hook an LED indicator up to it, but can't find a way to do so.