Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LCD TV with flashing power light and clicking

Hi there, I have just found this thread after giving up hope of repairing my technika tv about 8 months ago.

I have a 32 inch LCD Technika TV and mine also suffers from the flashing stand by light and clicking sound. I am going to take another look at it tomorrow despite the fact i am a complete novice. If I take some photos of the parts I would be grateful if anyone would be able to give me an insight into the problem.

It would be a lot better having this in my new flat rather than this old box i picked up off ebay!

Heres some pictures. Very different from the other pictures posted. Anybody got any idea what the faulty part could be? I cant seem to find the same faulty diode as in the other problems.

Attachments

• Full Board.jpg
    Full Board.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 667
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 714
  • Right Side.jpg
    Right Side.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 564

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I've moved these posts from a similar fault (here) so that different faults don't get mixed up. It is possible they are the same fault, but nothing is certain.

Having a quick look at that board, I would not initially suspect any of the capacitors as they all have nice flat tops etc. (If you had a means to test their ESR, you could do it, but I don't think you'd find much out of the ordinary).

If you can, it would be very useful to get the service manual (try googling for it) and verify the power supply voltages. If any of these are wildly wrong (probably low or zero) then you have good evidence of a PSU fault.

Similar PSU faults seemed (from memory -- I have not refreshed it by re-reading the thread) to have involved the death of a diode. Perhaps you could continue by identifying large diodes (especially those connected to heatsinks) and verify that they are still behaving like diodes. You may have to remove them to test them properly.