Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LCD TV repair. Momentary backlight

Quick question,
I have an old 720p 20" LCD TV that I was given. It is from 2005 and it is a Protron PLTV-20NS30. The problem with the set is has no backlight, however there is video on the LCD. When I press the Source key on the control panel I get a weak momentary backlight and i can see the video source; then backlight goes out.
I can hear something rattling around inside when I move the set, as well as the Ant coax plug is yanked out do is m suspecting the TV might have taken a fall.

I have not taken the back apart so I do not know if the CFL tubes are cracked or not but even in worse case I know the LCD is intact and at least one of the tubes is working. What are my chances of fixing this? Can I find these lamp tubes if I need them without buying the whole panel??

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
The first thing is that if something is rattling around inside, don't apply power. If it's a piece of plastic it probably won't do any harm, but if it's metal it can potentially leave a new fault wherever it lands while power is applied.

Good point.
Haha I just assumed it was glass or a piece of plastic., The person who gave me the TV had it working when I saw it, the sound worked but no video/ backlight