Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Lcd computer monitor repair

My LCD computer monitor won't turn on. the light around the power button keeps blinking whenever it is plugged in. This only happens whenever I connect the cable leading from the power board to the circuit board on the LCD screen. if I disconnect it (the connector leading to the monitor), the power light remains steady. there are no swollen caps on the power board. Help is needed please :(
**The arrow in the picture is the connector that leads to the back of the monitor

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 89
Sir Mr.fix it_101 . . . . .

Soooooooo . . . how come you dont have it fixed yet ? . . . . .or does that 101 say it all ?
Heeeeeeey . . . . I been to Jamaica . . . Mon

We are about to the incoming state of helpful information of . . . . . " My car wont start. "
We dont know the brand or model of the monitor unit.
Can the black cable be unplugged at both of its ends ?
The blurred picture precludes getting any hint of the unit or chassis from the bar coded strips.
The monitor brains is on your small board and the wire sizing gauge suggests the power supply is being
down below and thus . . . being unviewable.

OFF THE CUFF . . . PRE-ANALYSIS:

The unit staying on when the cable is unplugged suggests either something being BAD on the display unit to the right OR that the additional loading presented by the display being plugged in . . .even though it might be normal . . .is producing just enough additional loading on a MARGINALLY declined power supply, such that it is dropping out.

Brand and model pleeeez . . . .

73s de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Soooooooo . . . how come you dont have it fixed yet ? . . . . .or does that 101 say it all ?
Heeeeeeey . . . . I been to Jamaica . . . Mon

We are about to the incoming state of helpful information of . . . . . " My car wont start. "
We dont know the brand or model of the monitor unit.
Can the black cable be unplugged at both of its ends ?
The blurred picture precludes getting any hint of the unit or chassis from the bar coded strips.
The monitor brains is on your small board and the wire sizing gauge suggests the power supply is being
down below and thus . . . being unviewable.

OFF THE CUFF . . . PRE-ANALYSIS:

The unit staying on when the cable is unplugged suggests either something being BAD on the display unit to the right OR that the additional loading presented by the display being plugged in . . .even though it might be normal . . .is producing just enough additional loading on a MARGINALLY declined power supply, such that it is dropping out.

Brand and model pleeeez . . . .

73s de Edd

Yes, the cable can be plugged off from both ends.
Model: X2gen

Model: X2gen
X2gen is the brand of the monitor

On your supplied photo I can see the model of the lcd panel (mt170en01) that suggests that this is a 17" lcd monitor .
Look for a label on the back of the monitor casing with a model number , the model should look like MG17R

Last edited:

Looks like X2 gen is nothing but a stinking marketeer . . .while TATUNG is being the REAL ESTEEMED GRAND POOH BAH and involved party.
The unit seems to be using a 48 watt 12+ volt external BRICK for deriving its initial raw DC power.

I now give you the inboard power distribution, after it is being plugged into P006, bottom left corner of the schematic snippet.

The greatest power consumer is the inverter, as being see far left, in the top schema snippet. Track down and find that unit .

Unplug P005 from that unit and try the old power up with both situations of the black cable being plugged in and unplugged, to see if the loss of the inverter loading causes any changes .

If that makes a change, there might be a possibility of disassembly of that inverter unit for inspection . . .unless its totally potted.

RELEVANT SCHEMATIC SNIPPETS REFERENCING

Tatung_17_power_supply.jpg

73s de Edd

Looks like X2 gen is nothing but a stinking marketeer . . .while TATUNG is being the REAL ESTEEMED GRAND POOH BAH and involved party.
The unit seems to be using a 48 watt 12+ volt external BRICK for deriving its initial raw DC power.

I now give you the inboard power distribution, after it is being plugged into P006, bottom left corner of the schematic snippet.

The greatest power consumer is the inverter, as being see far left, in the top schema snippet. Track down and find that unit .

Unplug P005 from that unit and try the old power up with both situations of the black cable being plugged in and unplugged, to see if the loss of the inverter loading causes any changes .

If that makes a change, there might be a possibility of disassembly of that inverter unit for inspection . . .unless its totally potted.

RELEVANT SCHEMATIC SNIPPETS REFERENCING

Tatung_17_power_supply.jpg

73s de Edd

Thanks, I will give that a try and update you on what happened