Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Lacking eletronic and mechanical knowledge (Student)

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I'm a student from Belgium (Secondary school), apologies in advance if i make a mistake in any of these posts.

I have a problem with my knowledge of electronics and mechanics. The next month i will be going to secondary school for my last year, after that high school to learn more about programming and computing.
In my current school, i'm learning Electromechanics. This is so i know how to make machines and electronics myself, and would be realy useful later in life.
But there is a problem. For a couple of years, i had an old teacher with alot of knowledge of these topics, but due to him getting older he didn't teach us anything. (This teacher teached our practice in Electronics) While i thought i was doing well, i wasted a few years learning close to nothing. Now i have a new teacher, but our class has the electronical knowledge from a second grader, forgetting knowing basic stuff frequently and having trouble in class.

I know my theory though, as i've learned that. But i wanted to ask if there is a book or guide i (and my fellow students) can use this last year, as i otherwise will end my secondary school without doing electronics in practice well. Something that i can use during my classes, or while practicing with the class)
Mind that i am searching for something that will help in practice, not a book with just formulas and such, since i know those. (Ofcourse they can be in there, as it's electronics) This help is really appriciated, as i hope i can reach my goal to know what i'm doing by the end of this school year. It's very shaming to talk to people about what you learn, and not being able to show or answer what they are asking as i never was able to learn it.

Thanks in advance,

-Del

(Info: I'm going to 6th grade in secondary school (Last year before high school), so i would like to get some knowledge that the average student learns that year or higher ;p )

The field you seem to be aiming for is now usually referred to as Mechatronics, it is the marriage of electronics and mechanics and covers such things as automation, motion control (servo etc) robotics etc.
You need a good basic in Electronics such as R,C,L theory and some digital circuitry as well as analogue.
Then comes such as microprocessors, there are various ways to become accustomed to this field, now microP are fairly cheap and many sources of help from the manufacturers such as Picmicro etc.
Then there is the various motor technologies that exist today with P.M. motors with electronic commutation being in the forefront and used more and more in all walks of life.
Fortunately for newcomers to the field there are many good sources on the internet now compared to decades ago that can offer very good information from the comfort of your home.
M.

The field you seem to be aiming for is now usually referred to as Mechatronics, it is the marriage of electronics and mechanics and covers such things as automation, motion control (servo etc) robotics etc.
You need a good basic in Electronics such as R,C,L theory and some digital circuitry as well as analogue.
Then comes such as microprocessors, there are various ways to become accustomed to this field, now microP are fairly cheap and many sources of help from the manufacturers such as Picmicro etc.
Then there is the various motor technologies that exist today with P.M. motors with electronic commutation being in the forefront and used more and more in all walks of life.
Fortunately for newcomers to the field there are many good sources on the internet now compared to decades ago that can offer very good information from the comfort of your home.
M.

I'll look into this and hope to use this information to learn alot the following year. Thanks for the advice!