Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Kyocera developer (DV-540) density sensor voltage range

Hi
I have p6021cdn printer with DV-540 developers inside... After using non-original toner errors 7401, 7402, 7403, 7404 appear (which means no density sensor signal). Indeed voltage at toner density sensor has constant value (about 60mV). But developers have trimmer resistors with which output voltage could be changed. Some bias could be achieved. Question: what is expected voltage range from toner sensor?

Question: what is expected voltage range from toner sensor?
Whatever it takes for the system to detect it's a genuine toner cartridge......

Since you have the equipment at hand why don't you just adjust the voltage until you lose the error message?

I can of course adjust developer until I lose the error, but it is not satisfying... Printer makes calibration to often and error back again after some time. If I would know what is expected voltage, I could diagnose whats going on. With this knowledge it would be also possible to set proper bias.

With this knowledge it would be also possible to set proper bias.
...or circumvent the methods used to try to stop you using aftermarket cartridges. Why do you try to hide your ultimate aim?

I don't have a problem with this - go ahead and break the restrictions! But I very much doubt there is any information anywhere that is going to help you - certainly we don't possess any. This is going to be a suck-it-and-see solution unless someone has already been-there, done-that. If they have then they might be along later to give you a pointer but I wouldn't hold my breath.