Maker Pro
Maker Pro

JVC VIDEO RECORDER HR 7655 EK Loading Problem

Hi I Have A JVC Video Recorder And It Will Power Up But When You Load A Tape It Does Nothing It Won't Accept The Tape But If I Manually Shove The Tape In And Power Off Then Power Back On Again It Spits The Tape Back Out Again.. Does Anyone Have Any Ideas How I Could Fix This Any Help Is Much Appreciated.

Thank You
Darren

Harald Kapp

Does Anyone Have Any Ideas How I Could Fix
Maybe start by making your question intelligible with some punctuation?

As for your problem: check the various sensors within the vcr. Possibly it is only an optical sensor that can't "see" due to dirt in the path of the light or a mechanical switch with corroded contacts.

Sir Darren70 . . . . .

Have you got the cover off so that you will be able to see the top of a tape cassette .. . .if not, do so now.
THEN . . .get a tape successfully loaded into the unit and see if the tape loading fingers are pulling out a loop of tape and then half wrapping it around the head drum.
Then all should stop, unless that tape is a bought movie or purposefully protected recording with its left frontal corners break out tab missing.
Considering that the tape has its tab intact and that it is a tape that you have recorded on . . .or plan to.
Then press the fast forward button and see if it fast forward speeds like so.
Hit the stop button and then hit the fast rewind button to see if the tape runs in that CCW direction. Then hit the stop button.
Good so far. . . . . . . .GREEEEEAAAATTTT! . . .a la Tony the tiger . . . . .
You would have seen the two internal tape reels spinning accordingly during those two tests.
Now . . . .the moment of twewth . . . hit play and see if the right take up reel starts rotating . . . . .OR . . NOT. . and the machine then shuts down within approximately ? 5 seconds ? or so +/- 24 hrs..
If so . . . . ..your majestically magnificent machine is BUSTED-ED.
Wanna fissit now ?

This is almost the year 2021. Why are you still playing with old video tapes?
I use a digital PVR that records on a solid state drive. I do not know how many hundreds of hours it holds in its memory.
Ultra-HD is better than old ordinary HD which was better than very old ordinary blurry and covered with horizontal lines TV.

Darren70. I'm very rusty, but was once very familiar with this series, I have in front of me the workshop manual for the HR7650EA which may be similar to yours. My first thought was the sensor lamp, but I wasn't sure that the unit had one (before LED was used) but I see that the 7650 does in fact have one. when the cassette is out, and you have removed (as suggested by Mr 73's de Edd ) the top plastic part of the cassette compartment (two screws) you should see standing up in the middle, a lamp. You may need to push down a white round button (which has a switch down under) to make the lamp light up. It was common for these lamps to blow. When the lamp DOES blow, there is circuitry which detects the fact and prevents any operation. So that should be one of your first checks. You need the correct replacement, it's resistance needs to be close to correct, because its presence is detected by the computer.

Audioguru, I believe vinyls are now outselling CDs. Very good results can be obtained with VHS tapes.. The recorders are more of an engineering masterpiece than the throw away DVD players. You can't fight progress, but you don't have to bury the past so passionately, either.

CDs? Oh yeah, I remember those shiny old discs.
I still have a Creative portable MP3 player that has a hard drive, it is heavy and eats batteries. I used it 20 years (?) ago.
I played some of my old vinyl records maybe 10 years ago.
How about cassette tapes? I have a very high quality Yamaha recorder/player with Dolby B and C, that I have not used for ages.

I have some of :, Some cylinders, some Diamond Discs, Some standard 78s, vinyls in all sizes, reel-to-reel tapes, cassettes, 8-Track cartridges, CDs, USB sticks. Reel-to-Reel Video, VHS, Beta, DVD, 8mm film, Super 8 film, 16mm film.
No 35mm film or above. and Minidiscs in two formats.
Evolution rather than planned obsolescence, I think.
When I listen to the cylinders and most of the DIamond Discs, I don't usually appreciate the recorded material. Same with a lot of the 78s. I guess the popular taste changes over time. I enjoy some of the music from about 1920, probably nothing before.
I hardly play a DVD these days because I've been finding enough old movies on the live free to air TV channels , and they're repeating them a bit in very short time.
Maybe its the hot climate, having a tape curl problem with cassettes. Only some. Of course the pressure pads fall off, and if they are foam rubber they decompose. And sometimes the splices on the leaders come unstuck.
I have three vinyl record players with which you drop the disc into the door and close it to play. I haven't gotten around to getting any of them working yet, I acquired them about ten years ago when a colleague closed up shop. I started on one, and needed a belt to be ordered and never got back to it.
In the collection there's a portable dual-cassette-radio. in which you insert the cassettes one on top of the other, that is to say, the spool-carriers for the A and B cassette share a common spindle. You need to remove cassette B to extract cassette A. I haven't gotten around to that one yet. Imagine the trouble if cassette A's tape comes off the spool and wraps around the capstan - Dremel with a circular saw needed to demolish the tapes.
Oh, yes, I have I think three Edison cylinder Dictation Machines. And a couple of U-Matic VCRs. Only about a quarter of the collection working.
There's a computer with a floppy disc about 8 or 9 inches. And theres another one that uses Sinclair tape cartridges that work like an 8-Track but are micro-cassette size.
I've always wanted a Nipkow Disc Baird Tv but haven't found one, probably couldn't afford it anyway. I thought there should've been more of them about in the UK. It'd have to be a table model to get it to Aust. affordably. I'd make up a mechanical scanner to provide a signal to feed it.
But I think we're off-topic......