Maker Pro
Maker Pro

JVC AV-32730 Television won't turn on....

F

FTLOSM

I have a JVC AV-32730 Television (6 yrs old) that oneday just stopped working,

When you go to turn it on (remote or on tv front) for a second the light turns on then turns itself back off,
It reminds me of a broken turnsignal sound wise, and never stops, just cycles on and off and on and off - it never turns on long enough to see a picture when I say on and off I mean you see the red power light turn on and off and on and off.

Just trying to get an idea of what this might be and what it might cost to fix...

Thanks for any replies,

Bill :)

F

FTLOSM

Also can anyone recommend a good repair shop in Northwest Indiana (Crown Point, Hobart, Valparaiso area) ???????????

When you go to turn it on (remote or on tv front) for a second the light turns on then turns itself back off,
It reminds me of a broken turnsignal sound wise, and never stops, just cycles on and off and on and off - it never turns on long enough to see a picture when I say on and off I mean you see the red power light turn on and off and on and off.

Just trying to get an idea of what this might be and what it might cost to fix...

Thanks for any replies,

i have same problem 11-03-2010 can someone tell me if it is worth fixing

Thanks for any replies,

i have the same problem also can someone tell me if it is worth fixing.

Not familiar with this set, maybe somebody who's seen this before can have the fix.
Sure sounds like some device in the power supply section of the set. I don't know what a shop charges anymore, but (except for whatever the shop would charge for labor, or whatever) it sounds most likely like a single device, that should not be all that
expensive (by itself).
If the device runs $20, but you gotta pay $65 or more for labor, you gotta consider the cost
of a fix that might last a couple years (till the next thing dies in a 6-year-old set), against
the cost of replacement.
Hopefully, somebody who knows this set can give a better response.