Maker Pro
Maker Pro

It’s time for consumer Electronics Manufacturers to label their transformers!

How many of us have drawers full of adapters? If you move, how many have mixed up adapters and don’t know which one goes with which appliance. How simple would it be for consumer electronics companies to simply label the adapter with the appliance it was shipped with?

Most devices/appliances are labeled with the required voltage/current.
Differentiating among 2.0,2.1.2.3 and 2.5 mm barrel connectors is a problem, tjough

I believe there have been calls for standardisation across the range for such adapters given the plethora of different models, voltages etc. In the scheme of things it is 'nothing' to provide a simple regulation circuit internally of the item to be powered to allow a fair range of input voltages so standardising on the plug/socket would be all that is required.

Why not label the Wall Wart the moment it is received with its device. I do it and there is no confusion later.

Harald Kapp

Why not label the Wall Wart the moment it is received with its device. I do it and there is no confusion later.
I started doing so some time ago, too. A self-sticking paper label and some clear adhesive on top to prevent the lettering from rubbing off.