Maker Pro
Maker Pro

iphone charger and synchronize

Heyyyy
I have made a small charger for iphones and other phones, but I have a problem with letting them synchronize with the pc.
the charger takes currents from the usb of my pc. The question is how to make the iphone for example synchronizing with the pc while charging?​

Heyyyy
I have made a small charger for iphones and other phones, but I have a problem with letting them synchronize with the pc.
the charger takes currents from the usb of my pc. The question is how to make the iphone for example synchronizing with the pc while charging?​
In other words, you have made a cable, which most people have 20 of scattered around the house by now, except you left off the data lines.

Bob

What I did is, I connected D+ and D- to some resistors to get the 2,7 volts on these pins, else the iphone 4s won´t charge!!

I also want to connect SD card to it therfore Im asking how to still use data pins to transfer data between the pc and iphone.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
in which way???
First I need to get 2,7 V or something like that on the two data pins.

You only need that if it's not hooked up to a computer.

If it is, it will talk to the computer and draw up to 500mA.

I would be pretty certain you can't get it to draw more than 500mA *AND* talk to the computer.

SO you mean, I just connect it as usual?
I tried that, the iphone doesnt charge!
Only when I apply the 2 volts and still connect it to the pc.
Imagine it like a normal iphone cable but there is a LED and sd card connected to the wire while the lightning goes to the iphone.

Schematic will look like:

pin 1) 5+
pin 2) D+ = 2V
pin 3) D- = 2 V
pin 4) GND

Harald Kapp

How do you connect an SD card to a USB cable?
What do you mean by "lightning goes to the iphone"? In which way is the LED related to charging the iPhone?

by mounting a micro usb sd card holder to the usb comming from the pc. So I have a female micro usb which is used for the Micro SD.

lightning connector for the iphone will be connected to iphone as normal.
The LED should light when the charger connects to the usb of the pc.

Sorry for the bad english, its may be me who writes in terrible way

Harald Kapp

You cannot connect two devices to one USB port. The SD card reader has to use a different port than the iPhone.

davenn

yes so the computer only saw either the iPhone or the SD card
but with a hub you could have them both connected at the same time

Dave

davenn

google USB hub

PLEASE do so investigating for yourself
these things are very common and easy to buy