Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Identifying problem source

I have a switching power supply which I extracted from a flat computer screen.Every time I turned on the screen,the yellow light of the power source was flashing and nothing appeared on the screen.I checked all components on the circuit board in comparison with one which was working well and I even interchanged all the components,even those which were not on the secondary portion of the circuit board.Yet,the screen is not working.I wish to know what could be the problem here?

Is there any image, possibly a very dim one? Did you check the cold cathode back light tube? Have you contacted the manufacture to see what the yellow flashing light indicates?

Have you tried check the dc output of power supply out of the flat computer screen assembly?

Last edited:
Response

Have you tried check the dc output of power supply out of the flat computer screen assembly?

Yes.I already checked the dc output of the power supply.There are actually voltages at the capacitors(located at the output).And there is no screen image meaning there is a problem(indicated also by a flashing yellow light).So actually the circuit seems to function normally.But every time I connect to a flat screen,no image appears in contrast to the good-working switching power supply,which always produces an image in any flat screen.But both are having the same behaviour.So I don't have a clue about the problem existing here.

TThe monitor indicates a yellow light which blinks

Yes, we have already established that, the question was, what does the owners manual or the manufactures literature say is wrong when there is a yellow flashing light like this?

What brand and model is your monitor?