Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Identifying Panasonic microwave diode that connects between capacitor terminals (model: NN-MX25WF)

I have a Panasonic Microwave oven (Model: nn-mx25wf). A couple months ago the fuse blew and had to replace it along with the capacitor and diode that connects from the capacitor to the chassis. It was working fine until a wire broke and the microwave stopped heating.

AW3w1MM.jpg

There's another diode that connects between the capacitor leads and this seems to have a broken wire. The text on it has been erased and I can't identify it.

dnbGXet.jpg

I did find the Service Manual which specifies the diode with the cable as part number F606V5G10XN, but can't find any info anywhere and no-one carries it. I've spoken to Panasonic, Encompass, and a few others and they all say the same thing; that's it's discontinued and no other info it's available .

Here is the link to the program to view the SGM files.

I went to a local electronics shop and they sold me the same diode that goes to the chasis from the capacitor (HVM12 350 040).
Would it be ok to use this diode between the capacitor leads?

It is a short protection diode, & its not always used in a microwave circuit. The oven should work fine with it removed. If it doesn't then there is another problem. Do not use the diode you purchased in that position.MICROWAVE - SHARP-R-8270.jpg

Here in Australia the Short protection diode is available with the HV diode as a pair. But the oven should work fine with out it. Have shown a circuit of an oven that doesn't use the short protector.SHORT PROTECTOR, Microwave.jpg MICROWAVE  TOSHIBA. ER7821AW.aa.jpg