Maker Pro
Maker Pro

i need help with a thyristor

hello,
i have a thyristor, it's a tyn1012, i also have its datasheet, but i don't know which are the main characteristics i should note from this datasheet which will help me find an equivalent to my thyristor in case i didn't find the same one as the one i mentioned, and i would appreciate it if someone can help me with that.
thank you.
(i uploaded the datasheet in case you would want to take a look at it)

Attachments

• datasheet.pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 117
The TYN1012 seems be somewhat exotic, it is glass passivated and high voltage with a sensitive gate.
The TO220 package is quite standard.

The main characteristics to look for are:-
Voltage 1000V
Current 12A
Gate current 15mA at 1.5V

Edit Littlediode have the TYN1012 in stock.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
The main characteristics are the ones which are important in your circuit.

It might be an exotic part but maybe none of these quoted specifications are critical. However its a fair bet that at least one of them is.

Most often the voltage or current ratings are a basis for the selection of this component, but maybe it's something else, like dv/dt, triggering in an unusual quadrant, or any of the less often considered specifications.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
That wont help you. The first thing you need to know are which are important in your circuit. If you don't know then you're best off looking for an exact replacement.

thank you for the clarification steve, i get your point, i'm gonna base my choice on what the circuit i'm working on needs, that's more reasonable.
you have been very helpful.
thanks again.