Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I can't find any website will tell me what my transformer goes to or is good for

I have a Retocon direct plug in class two transformer I found in my parents' home after they died. 120V AC 60Hz 5W to 18VDC 150 C. I gather it isn't made anymore.
What kinds of things would it be good for and in what country?
Since it isn't made anymore and has been replaced is it safe to use? All areas are undamaged and intact.
My thanks to anyone who can help.

A transformer like yours is only good for powering something that requires the stated voltage and maximum current.

If you wanted to experiment you could use it as a DC source to a regulating circuit to get 'any' voltage (within defined limits) from the output.

18V at 5W is a current of 278mA. I do not know anything that uses 18VDC. It is cheap and is not worth adding a regulator to reduce its voltage.

So.....toss it?

do you have a way to test it?
if so and is working....
do you have a need/use for it? as K.E says above " A transformer like yours is only good for powering something that requires the stated voltage and maximum current.

If you wanted to experiment you could use it as a DC source to a regulating circuit to get 'any' voltage (within defined limits) from the output."