Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I am building a kicker for a soccer robot and need help understanding the electrical diagram.

I am attempting to build the electrical circuit in the diagram that i have attached, it is a kicker for a soccer robot. I have ordered the chipset online an I got everything else at Jaycar except the solenoid. I don't know which solenoid to get (watts, current etc.) and i don't know how to find out, can anyone please help?

PS. This is a robotics project, not homework, if i have posted it in the wrong section please let me know.

Attachments

• Skematic.png
    Skematic.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 91
Sir Mblizzard . . . . .

I can only see this being applicable in a scale down application and using using a ping pong ball as the soccer ball
due to the limited power capabilities and effective direct impact stroke drive length of the solenoid, or, even if using a levered stroke drive.
Is that possibly the scaling being considered ? If so, that combination should be able to drive a kick like Pele.

73's de Edd

I don't see it working at all.
A 4.3v supply and that 1k(?) resistor left of the solenoid only leaves 4ma of current for the solenoid.

It's being a one shot s...l....o....w recovery unit, as it is being shown, and depending upon that 1k to charge the MULTIPLE capacitor bank to the right . . . . . but we haven't been given the full details yet . . . which should be forthcoming.