Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How would you go about testing this port without its adapter?

I've got a variable power adapter with various tips but just not for this port. Is there a common makeshift method to use in place of the right adapter?

Attachments

• IMG_20220330_210557151.jpg
    IMG_20220330_210557151.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 16
Photo blurry but requires an input of 18.5v @ 2A....whether ac or dc is not clear....it shows which goes to which pin but as I said.blurry.
Measure inner pin diameter for correct size....usually use vernier caliper

Photo blurry but requires an input of 18.5v @ 2A....whether ac or dc is not clear....it shows which goes to which pin but as I said.blurry.
Measure inner pin diameter for correct size....usually use vernier caliper

Well I'm wondering without the proper adapter how you test these. Trying to avoid buying the adapter to test it. No trick to do this?

If I understand you correctly then you have a power SUPPLY that has inter-changeable tips. It's possible to fit these tips in one of two directions (for positive-pin or negative-pin - centre-pin that is) and it's often confusing to tell which is which.

As a result I always use a test meter to double-check as getting it wrong can often be catastrophic.

My crystal ball says that the OP has various DC barrel connectors for the variable power supply, but not for the pictured item.

Martin

If I understand you correctly then you have a power SUPPLY that has inter-changeable tips. It's possible to fit these tips in one of two directions (for positive-pin or negative-pin - centre-pin that is) and it's often confusing to tell which is which.

As a result I always use a test meter to double-check as getting it wrong can often be catastrophic.

Marking is on the casing as to which is which only the photo the Op provided is too blurry to make out polarity/ ac or dc as I quoted earlier.