Maker Pro

How To Make Sure This Led Is Working

how can i test if this led is working and what is it's right voltage

srq7Zn.jpg

srq1hi.jpg

[Mod Note: Resized oversized images]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir Pharoan . . . . . . .

how can i test if this led is working and what is it's right voltage ?

If mine olde eyes are correctly seeing the color bands of the resistor as being Blue Gray Gold Gold, then that 6.8 ohm dropping resistor and your parallel arranged 3 LEDS . . . . . along with their phospor doped overlays, suggesting of these probably being WHITE or BLUE LEDS.
With strongest suspicion of this being the light emitting cluster of a cheeeep dollar store flashlight . . . . therefore, with a WHITE LIGHT output.
( Correct me, if erring on the two first color bands of the dropping / current limiting resistor.)

If you dont have a variable voltage adjustable power supply to slowly ramp up, surely you can round up enough random D-C-AA or AAA cells to then sequentially series string them . . .one by one . . . to feed the unit .

SIMULTANEOUSLY you are monitoring the voltage across the dropping resistor and using ~ 0.408 volts as the benchmark of passed series current flow.
At that voltage level across the dropping resistor, you would have ~ 20 ma across each diode, and have approached the potential maximum voltage wanted to be applied to the units, for a resultant decent lifespan.

Lastly, there is the marked board identifier of dash 3, and just about all of these units that I have seen are using either 3 series AAA or button cells.

73's de Edd

Last edited: