Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to make a circuit to test ringers in rotary telephones ?

From 120 volt a/c or from a battery source .... how to make a ringer tester for rotary telephones , without a connection to a telephone line ?

I have a ringer which requires 12 volt d/c primary and the secondary Vout is supposed to be 70 v r m s .

I can not get any secondary output voltage at all , and I assume the circuit is open !

It is intended to produce 70 V r m s (V out) and 3 W r m s (P out) at 20 Hz.

Is there any other way to achieve the correct voltage I need to temporarily ring a rotary telephone ?

Any help will be appreciated !

I have done it maaany times, by connecting the telephone to 110VAC 60Hz with a 10K resistor in series to test ringers.. The telephone must be on hook or you will fry it.

davenn

I have a ringer which requires 12 volt d/c primary and the secondary Vout is supposed to be 70 v r m s .

I can not get any secondary output voltage at all , and I assume the circuit is open !

you need to clarify that ... you cannot put DC into a transformer and expect an output voltage
transformers require AC
I'm referring to transformers because you specifically refer to primary and secondary

Dave

you need to clarify that ... you cannot put DC into a transformer and expect an output voltage
transformers require AC
I'm referring to transformers because you specifically refer to primary and secondary

Dave

I did not say that it is a transformer !

It is a manufactured printed circuit device .

I will locate it and post a picture !

PowerDsine
Ringer.
P/N:pCR-SINO3V12F20-C
Vin:12VDC
Vout:70V rms
Pout:3W rms
Frequency:20 HZ

MADE IN ISRAEL.

Unit is 2" by 2" and 1/2 " deep .

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

as I said ..... I only suggested that because you used the words primary and secondary ....
these are used to describe a transformer

this is why its important to be very clear describing something
so that you don't make it even more confusing for those trying to help you :)

and speaking of being clear ... did you not look at that pic before posting it ???
its totally blurry and unreadable ... I have deleted it
there's no point posting something that isn't readable ;)

try again

Dave

I realized the picture was blurry , and that is why I wrote all the info on the device .

I probably should not have submitted the image , but that was the best I could do !