Maker Pro
Maker Pro

how to determine the right voltage for led lamp?

ok today i tried with 0.04 current and 2.6 voltage for 5 leds
1- connected for only one led and the 5 light up together

2- connect the first and last led and the 5 light up

then i tried to light up 10 leds same current at 0.04 but i had to rise up the voltage to 5 V

That's a much clearer image and points to the LEDs being arranged as a series of 18 groups, each group having 5 LEDs in parallel. So I reckon you'd be looking at a power supply of at least 18 x 3V = 54V, capable of supplying a constant current up to 5 x 60mA = 300mA.

how did you calculate this part?
See posts 10 and 12. If 66mA is the maximum rated current, it is always advisable to run things at less than maximum to prolong their life, so 60mA per LED seems reasonable.
I'm still puzzled by your assertion that "they all share the positive line but the negative is every 5 leds". If 18 groups of 5-parallel are indeed in series then they can't all share the positive line.

Last edited:
I think you'll find that the light-coloured line is an insulating strip, not a power rail, and the darker areas are conducting paths connecting the groups in series. Can you confirm with a meter?

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

This is what the circuit looks like (the polarity of the diodes may be reversed, I can't see that from your photos):
upload_2019-6-14_12-36-36.png
Each of these meandered sections has 5 LEDs in parallel. The sections themselves are in series.
All else has been said.