Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How can I fix an unformattable raw micro SD card?

I have an 8GB micro SD card. I have tried all card readers and it doesn't help, I change to another computer and still does not help.

-Micro SD card is now RAW Format and “The volume does not contain a recognized file system.”
-I had used the digital camera to format and it did not work.
-I use normal format it says “Windows was unable to complete the format.”
-Format in Disk Management said “The format did not complete successfully”
-In DiskPart format will say “DiskPart has encountered an error: The parameter is incorrect.
See the System Event Log for more information.”
-Even sfc /scannow didn’t work.

I hope this is enough information. Thank you.

Get a new one. This one is defect. And iven if you could "repair" it, you shouldn't trust it to hold any data safely.
Thanks for your reply!. I know this can be hard but I think there is still a way to repair it and I don't care much about data I just want to fix it

Since you are experimenting try this. Fold a paper towel with the SD card on top and place it in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove it, dry it off with a microfiber cloth quickly and place it in your favorite formatting device. Be quick ... then format ... maybe.

I know this can be hard but I think there is still a way to repair it and I don't care much about data I just want to fix it

I've heard everything now.

Since you are experimenting try this. Fold a paper towel with the SD card on top and place it in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove it, dry it off with a microfiber cloth quickly and place it in your favorite formatting device. Be quick ... then format ... maybe.

Nope....have now though......:rolleyes:

Thanks for your suggestion, but my sd card is still not able to format. :(

Since you are experimenting try this. Place the SD card on a plate and microwave it for 1 second. Stand back and keep a fire extinguisher handy. Then place it in your favorite formatting device. If nothing then dip it in some honey and place it in the garbage bin.

bertus

Hello,

The microwave oven is a perfect way for permanent distruction of the SD card
It will be unusable in any way

Bertus

bertus

Hello,

Have you used an other reader/writer for the card?
Have you tried an other operating system?
With Knoppix, you can try to access the card in linux.
http://knoppix.net/
It is a "live" distribution that will boot-up from a DVD.
An other bootable CD is Hiren's boot CD.
It is windows based, packed with all kinds of tools:
https://www.hirensbootcd.org/

You can also install them on USB sticks.

Bertus