Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Homemade External iPhone monitor

Hello, everybody! New here but somewhat experienced with electronic stuff ;)

I just had an idea and wanted to know if it was feasible... I have an old (11yr old to be exact) PowerBook G4 that I use to take notes in my classes (freshman at HS) and it's nice and all but the battery compartment is all messed up (got it for free from a friend) and batteries are causing literal system errors, not looking to put more money (not more than $10 or so) into this so new battery is out of the question. As of now the damn thing is tethered to a wall with a powercord meaning I'm stuck in the back. Way way way way back. :(

Just recently got a new iPhone 6 (hooray) and wanted to see if I could find a way to use a Lightning-VGA adapter and from that power JUST THE MONITOR of the laptop to mirror the phone? Pages for iPhone works beautifully and with my Mac mini at home it'll all just sync together so it'd work out great. I'll deal with the typing via a Bluetooth keyboard if this gets THAT far... Just a whim here wondering if anyone has done this/has an idea how to do it?

I'd imagine it'd go something like.... Monitor Ribbon Cable ---> Power/Female VGA ---> Male VGA (cable) ---> VGA-Lightning Adapter ---> iPhone

Ideas? I've got some old battery packs laying around so I might just salvage them to power the screen. I like it because it clamshells shut and as a hinge but open to suggestions and ideas.

Thanks ^_^