Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Historical Alarms systems and parts

Im looking for older historical Burg and Fire system items. This would include Control Panels (Pre 1940), same with parts, and Older Ademco catalogs.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4529.jpg
    IMG_4529.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 2
By coincidence, I'm in the process of clearing out all my old alarm parts, but I suspect my oldest stuff goes back to, maybe...50's? My oldest panel, is a pristine never-used Ademco Model 110 (like a Model 100, but with a DPDT holding relay instead of the #100's SPDT relay )--I got into the alarm industry in the 70s, but worked with a lot of decades-old equipment. Companies tended to keep making and supporting equipment a lot longer back in those days. I've always guessed the Ademco #100 Panels dated from the 50s, but they might date earlier, as simple as they are.

I also have a couple of old Ademco manuals that covers a broad array of equipment, but again, it may only go back to the '50s or 60s--I have it in storage about an hour's drive away. I glanced at them a couple of days ago, but I didn't think to check the copyright dates; but it's from the era that the #100 Panel was still in use. I doubt it goes all the way back to the pre-1940.

If this later-model stuff is of any interest to you, I'll check further.

PS: If you'll check on this site,
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/electronic-home-security-systems-alarms-devices-87/
you might find some old retired alarm tech who has more to offer than I have.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, Im looking for older stuff in the 40s and earlier. I have more recent stuff like you mention. I only would be interested if it was something really unusual. I know items that old are hard to come by, but I keep looking.
I will also take a look on the forum you mentioned.
Thanks!