Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help to make a switch from an led and sensor pleasr

Hi clever people :)

Would anyone be able to draw me a diagram of the components I need for a device I want to make.

So I have a small camera shutter radio transmitter for my camera. It has a simple button on the top which I press to remotely activate my camera.
I would like to replace this switch with an led and light sensor so that the transmitter activates when the light is blocked from the sensor.

Basically I want the transmitter to activate when a bullet passed between the led and sensor.

I have had limited success in the past making a home made chronograph but I am not sure how to power it up to 12v since the radio transmitter is running off a funny little 12v 23a battery.

If this makes sense to anyone I would be greatful of some help.

I nee to know the components I need to buy and I will be fitting the led and sensor either side of a tube.

Many thanks in advance

Its what we call a break beam sensor. It has its own plastic moulding. You will have to tell us the voltage level that camera can take first. Is it active low or high?
Adam

Thanks for your help.
Right so active high and low mean it's either activated by 12v or by an interruption of the supply?
I will check this since it is a simple button with two wires. The transmitter is on 12v, the camera has nothing to do with it in this case since there is a receiver unit that triggers the flashers.

If I can just replace the button with the break beam sensor then the rest should work as normal :)

I will find out today.

Ok so putting a volt meter across the switch gives a closed circuit when pressed so the break beam circuit will need to close a switch when the beam is broken :) does this help

A simple circuit like this. If it turns out to be too slow then we may need to use a fast comparator. LED1 and FT1 are the break beam. You need to choose a fast transistor maybe an epitaxial type.
Adam
Break Beam.JPG

Ok thanks , will just quickly attach a picture to show you what I have.
The transmitter is the circuit you see, it can be activated by a button or by a terminal on the camera. Either end of the black and red wires. It's this I want to connect to the break beam switch.

The transmitter then signals the wansen unit you can see on the bottom of the flasher.

Does this still match what you have drawn :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 105