Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help required repairing a Goodmans LD2050FVT Flat screen TV

Hi,

My TV which we have in the kitchen has stopped working. Here are the basics that I have tried.

The power light (standby) comes on when turned on and then when you hit the channel button on the remote the light switches off and a blue bar comes on instead. this is supposed to stay on but within a second the red light comes back on again.
Its as though someone is turning off the TV as soon as I have turned it on?

I have checked the input voltage of the external PSU (4 Pin 24V DC) which is fine and I have even tried another PSU of the same supply voltage.

Same thing happens.

The TV was only £300 but I would like to see if i can repair it as a bit of a project more than anything else.

Any help would be most appreciated and if anybody needs any more info or photos please contact me.

Regards

Danny :rolleyes:

davenn

first thing to try would be to open it up and to check, where possible, the various voltage rails. That 24V DC will probably go through several voltage regulators and generate DC rails of say 12V, 5V and maybe another one or two variations.
See how you go, if you are not sure where to look take some well focussed pix of the component and track side of the cct board/s and we will see if we can help

Dave

Thanks for the reply.

I will get some pictures for you to look at as I can see a couple of regs but they are at the opposite end of the board to where the power connection is? also the tv will not turn on so I am having trouble getting readings from them.

Regards

Danny